Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 42

Thread: Golden Apple & Viper Room Videos!

  1. #21
    Inactive Member almarockstar's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 2nd, 2004
    Posts
    222
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    OK i just ordered mines !!!!!

    Im short on $ so for now i ordered the golden apple one. I am so excited!

    Anyone got theirs yet???? Reviews anyone?? [img]graemlins/star.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/rainbow.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/party.gif[/img]

  2. #22
    Inactive Member foxylady3's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 3rd, 2002
    Posts
    18
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Question

    i am not getting this, but didn't Rocket City records already release these videos a couple of years ago? It seems to me, they have reproduced a few more for the fans or am I wrong here?
    The reunion show at the Apple Viper room (1994) and the gig of Cherie with The Mix? I have these videos at home.
    Please fill me in.....

    Rita

  3. #23
    moderator gus danger's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 6th, 2001
    Posts
    9,105
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Arrow

    Hi foxylady and welcome to Cherie's board! You are right, these are reissues which some of us have been clamoring for on previous topics for some time now.
    I should have made that clear when I started this topic! [img]redface.gif[/img]

    Happy posting to you!
    [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img] [img]biggrin.gif[/img]
    Gus

  4. #24
    HB Forum Owner rocketmaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 25th, 2000
    Posts
    1,342
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Did anyone recieve theirs yet? They should be arriving for U.S. buyers between today and Thursday, I expect. [img]graemlins/plane.gif[/img] Euro & JP orders should arrive next week. Looking forward to your reviews!

  5. #25
    Inactive Member charlie c's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 7th, 2002
    Posts
    1,272
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Waiting with baited breathe.

  6. #26
    HB Forum Owner rocketmaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 25th, 2000
    Posts
    1,342
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Welcome Rita!
    The Viper Room concert was filmed in 1996, and the Golden Apple performance is from 1997. Sorry for the confusion.

  7. #27
    moderator gus danger's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 6th, 2001
    Posts
    9,105
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Arrow

    Originally posted by gus danger:
    <font size="5">Cherie's videos are in!!!!!</font>
    I just <s>thought</s> knew you'd wanna know!

    You can now order The Viper Room and Golden Apple videos from Rocket City Records eBay store!

    http://stores.ebay.com/Rocket-City-Records

    Thanks so much for making these video's available Cherie, Mara and Rocketmaster! I was beginning to think I'd never have them!
    I intend to have a VERY CHERIE CHRISTMAS this year, for sure!

    'tis the season and it will be awesome!!!
    [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img] [img]biggrin.gif[/img]
    Gus
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I just ran into my landlady's assistant while shopping and he told me there is a package in the office for me.
    "It's only been there a couple days" he added!!!! [img]mad.gif[/img] *remembers the golden rule* [img]smile.gif[/img]
    I thought I had my letter carrier trained but he's probably stressing, what with xmas and all! I can pick up my package at 6:30 today and I've got a feeling it might be a package from Rocket City Records with a couple CCool videos contained witin it!
    I certainly hope so. I was hoping like cRaZy I'd be enjoying them this weekend so when the USPS truck drove by today
    my [img]graemlins/heart.gif[/img] sank but now I am hoping like cRaZy again!

    I'll be sure to let you know if it's them!
    [img]biggrin.gif[/img]
    GD

  8. #28
    moderator gus danger's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 6th, 2001
    Posts
    9,105
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Arrow

    I received my Cherie Currie videos yesterday (Saturday) from my landlady, who received them a few days before that and didn't bother to.....oh, never mind!
    I got the videos and watched them and I'd like to thank rocketmaster and Mara for sending me them and brightening my Yuletide season big time!
    First I watched THE VIPER ROOM performance by Cherie and The Mix! This band was truly Rockin' the House and why not with Cherie Currie on lead vocal, Mara Fox on rythm, Berton Averre on lead, Craig Doucett on bass and Bruce Gary on drums!
    Here is the set list:
    That's Right (this opening Cherie song rocks with lots of attitude!)
    Come On (the FANtastic Runaways song is FANtastic here too!)
    Don't Believe In Heaven (Cherie wrote these 2 KILLER songs for Natural Born Killers but Oliver Stone lost his mind and didn't use them!)
    I Will Be With You (Mallary's song from Natural Born Killers and what a great song it is!)
    California Paradise (another rousing rendition of a great Runaways song!)
    Cheesecake (Mara and Leslie Knauer duet on their cool Precious Metal song. Cherie on tamborine!)
    Love Hurts (Cherie's powerful cover version of the cool Nazareth song!)
    My Sharona (The Mix do The Knack - Bruce and Bertons previous band!)
    So Come On (another Knack song getting The Mix treatment...WOW!)
    American Nights (Back to her roots with another POPular Runaways song!)
    Steel (a rockin' great song from 'Rosebud Beach Hotel' and it's also a favorite from Cherie's 80's Collection CD!)
    Cherry Bomb (Cherie's trademark song from her days with The Runaways done here with lots of audience participation, makes for one GRAND finale!

    I had a feeling this would be an explosive performance and it is!
    This band was GRRRREAT and Cherie totally shines on this video!
    I get downright emotional watching Ms. Currie Rockin' the House!

    I'll go through the Golden Apple video, which is also FANtastic, later on!
    Right now I need a little thing called sleep! I'm sure I'll be dreaming of The Viper Room all night long!
    [img]graemlins/sleepy.gif[/img]
    GD

  9. #29
    HB Forum Owner rocketmaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 25th, 2000
    Posts
    1,342
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Whew, I was really getting worried! You should have received that package on Tuesday, Gus! Glad you are enjoying them. Looking forward to hearing more reviews from everyone else!

  10. #30
    moderator gus danger's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 6th, 2001
    Posts
    9,105
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Arrow

    Now that I am rested and relaxed I figured I'd talk a bit about THE GOLDEN APPLE video which is also a FANtastic Cherie Currie performance!
    This is an 'in store' performance at The Golden Apple with Blue Canyon and special guests! The store looks packed to capacity and you can see a large crowd gathered outside the windows looking in! Cherie shines big time on lead vocal with Craig Doucett on bass, Joey Brasler on guitar, Bruce Gary and Gi Gi Worth on drums and a bunch of CCool backing vocalists such as Marie Currie, Katt Lowe, Julie Raegans and Jan Swan! Cherie's songs are just great and the Cherie and Marie duets are a wonderful bonus!
    Just when you think it can't get any better, Sandy West takes over on drums and we are treated to a ROCKIN' four song Runaways Reunion with Cherie and her former band mate!
    This video ROCKS ME through and through and I am so happy to finally have it in my Cherie Currie collection! Neither this one or The Viper Room will be gathering dust around here. I'll be watching them often!
    Here is the Golden Apple set list:

    Moonshine Lullaby
    Don't Believe In Heaven
    Believe
    Messing With The Boys
    Since You've Been Gone
    Secrets
    Elaine
    California Paradise
    C'Mon
    Cherry Bomb
    American Nights

    ROCK ON CHERIE! [img]graemlins/rose.gif[/img]
    [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img] [img]biggrin.gif[/img]
    Gus

    PS I'm sure you are right rocketmaster. I should have had these videos on Tuesday or Wednesday but better late than never! My landlady is nice but forgetful. My letter carrier should have left me a note as to where he was leaving the package like he usually does.
    Thanks again for sending them to me and special thanks to Cherie and Mara too!
    You've made my Christmastime FANtastic!!!

    <font color="#007FFF" size="1">[ December 19, 2004 01:01 PM: Message edited by: gus danger ]</font>

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Links to Cherie Currie's Websites:http://www.cheriecurrie.comhttp://www.chainsawchick.com
http://www.therunaways.com
http://www.myspace.com/cheriecurrie
http://www.myspace.com/cheriecurriemusic